Saturday, July 28, 2012

Unseen and unheard;



 It was a showery evening, where breeze was fresh and ponderous.  I woke up hearing to the chirping of sparrows, which at that time seemed eccentric yet tempting…

© Shilpa Nagaraj
Initially couldn’t distinguish the sounds I heard, it dint even strike me do so. Just sat on the bed and went on listening. I was frozen, as most of us do soon after a cozy sleep. Articulation of any sort was blanked out. Just savoring the unfamiliar harmony…

© Shilpa Nagaraj

Suddenly I was awakened by my senses and all that glory lost its essence. Experience stayed only for a jiffy. As many thoughts were ready to attack me- Which birds were they? Want to see them!  Click pictures and it just went on… leaving just the traces of the experience.

I wished to go back to the glory of being beyond my own conscious sense. Wished to go back, though I knew I can’t. Now those teardrops of happiness have no significance, which are already being manipulated by words. Sometimes the real splendor of being is experienced only for a jiffy, anything after that is just an articulation or glorification. 



Many of us are pre-occupied by other things that we fail to recognize these moments. In the race to gain wisdom through language we are ignoring something called body wisdom. A knowledge which is acquired through senses or beyond senses, which for me seems very exciting. Most of the lessons we learn can be recognized as body wisdom.

Let’s embrace this in order to widen our horizon.

“Some things have to be believed to be seen.”
~ Ralph Hodgson,

8 comments:

Shruthi said...

"Some things have to be believed to be seen.”
that sums up my journey at the present...thank you :)
keep reflecting! :-)

Diti said...

Hmmmm... Just exactly what you've been feeling lately :)
True... Very very true...
I bet what you've experienced is way beyong even these words that have described this... Its beauty is somehwta lost in semantics...
Nonetheless, it is still very beautifully written :)
Love you !

Shilpa Nagaraj said...

Shruthi and Diti : you both know it all :) Thanks a lot for reading :)
loads of love! :)

madhu said...

yes ur articles truely reflects you:)

Shilpa Nagaraj said...

Madhushreee! :)
That means a lot :) like really.
Thank u!

Nagarjun said...

Nice read...
U seem to have experienced a thoughtless moment consciously.
Its good feeling to observe thoughts rather than gettin hijacked by them.
Thoughts are very addictive & create false reality where we treat everything
to be dead,So we can't enjoy these small moments.
I liked the idea u mentioned that thoughts attack!
thoughtless state is blissful.

Shilpa Nagaraj said...

yes indeed it is!
Thanks a lot for reading and reflecting, Nagarjun :)

Shiju Sugunan said...

It was nice meeting you at the GreenPeace event. Have a great weekend. Please remove word verification from your comments section. It is really a hassle. I allow only "registered users" to comment. That way I never get comments from bots.